Australian outback station
Add to Cart
Add to Lightbox
The old railway station that is out of service.
Vern Minard/ bahti photography
1200x534 / 419.8KB
This small settlement was established in the late 1880s to service the highway and the railway which pass through here. O'Lary Post Office opened on 12 October 1886
was renamed Oolarie around 1888 and Olary around 1896. After the modernisation of transport which travelled between Adelaide and Broken Hill the village population declined. However it still has a hotel and general store to cater for the transient road and railway workers and travellers.
Contained in galleries